Position: Administrative Co-ordinator
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Green Thumbs Growing Kids works with urban children, youth and their families to learn about, grow and prepare fresh foods, cultivated in an environmentally sustainable manner. We offer hands-on programs at a cluster of school gardens and City of Toronto sites in east downtown Toronto. Green Thumbs Growing Kids is a registered charity. We are seeking a part-time Administrative Co-ordinator, to be responsible for financial management of the organization, working closely with the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors and the Executive Director.
20 hours/wk. Salary range $21-$23/hr to start, depending on experience.
- financial management, including annual budgets, allocating grants to budget lines monthly, monthly payroll reconciliation, bank reconciliation, funder reports, and working with the bookkeeper and auditor
- maintaining corporate files and records
- Filing necessary paperwork for wage subsidy reimbursements
- General office operations eg. phone, email, filing
- Accts Receivable and Payable
- Monthly and quarterly reporting to the Finance Committee
- Facilitate office volunteer workload
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in financial management using QuickBooks
- Experience working, interning or volunteering in the non-profit sector
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- WordPress skills an asset
- Highly organized
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work with others
- Knowledge of and experience with urban agriculture or allied fields an asset
- Attention to detail and accuracy are important qualities for this individual.
Education: University degree or college diploma in the fields of finance an asset.
Please submit your resumé and cover letter in one document by Thursday May 11 @ 5 pm.
Subject line: Hiring Committee – Administrative Co-ordinator
No faxes or phone calls please. Green Thumbs Growing Kids is committed to employment equity and encourages applicants from equity-seeking groups.
We regret that only those applicants being considered will be contacted.